Monday, January 12, 2009

Where to Next?

This week will pick up on last week's detour. Making a few texture plates and molds sparked my imagination for the designs I could make as a first step to many wonderful creations.

I have bought many texture plates in my time. As a clayer I am sure I am not alone in this. Still, there are those times when I just don't have the one I really need. Don't laugh! No matter how many great tools you have, you know you are always missing the one you need right now.

So, we'll see where this week's exploration leads me. Texture plates can be made with scrap clay, baked clay, artist carving blocks, mold compounds, who knows what else. And the objects that can be used to create the designs are endless.

If you have and ideas or suggestions, I'd love to hear them. When I come up for air I will share it all here. See ya'!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Hi Marcia,
'Can't wait to see what you come up with. I love textures too, but have been too lazy to produce my own...yours could be just the inspiration I need!

I just visited your Facebook store--very nice!